Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Daily Stresses

Jim left this morning going to Delhi (very close to our hometown) to work. Ty and I had planned to go with him, but we really don't have the money. He had a cutback at work and we have a lot of things to be saving up for.

First of all, my friend Taylor is having a baby boy and her shower is the end of this month. I have bought her several things for the baby, but I have also been asked to make her shower cake. Unfortunately, I don't have everything I need to take her cake... I want to try a few new things with this one to make it really special and I am going to have to buy several things.

Second, my Ty man's FIRST birthday is next month!! I'm so excited! I want him to have a great party (even though he won't remember it). I have already ordered his invitations and dinnerware for the party. I still have to buy his presents and a few odd and ends... I am going to make his cake, too. We are having a farm theme. His invitations have cows, horses, ducks, and pigs on them. I am hoping to have a really awesome party for him. I'm really nervous about making his cake because I want to sculpt cows, pigs, and ducks to put on it.

So, I have been trying to find a job to help with all of our added expenses. I must have applied at 50 companies in the last month and I have only gotten one call-back. Unfortunately, the hours I would have had to work wouldn't work out with having a baby. It was very hard for me to turn that job down because it payed VERY well. But, I just couldn't do it. It's just driving me crazy that I can't find ANYTHING!!! I didn't finish college... Yet anyway.... But even to get a simple secretary job here, you need a bachelor's degree! And even entry level positions here require experience... I only have experience in sales and waitressing.... I have so many things working against me:
1. I have a baby, so I can only work M-F 6:30- 5:30.
2. Little to no experience (depending on the job I am applying for)
3. Minimal education.

All I can do is laugh about this. Because if I don't laugh, I will cry. I have been so stressed out lately. I don't know what I am going to do. But I did finally surrender it to God. I prayed that he would take it all into his hands because I know that I can't do this alone. I really need help. So, if anyone knows where a good job is for an unqualified, undertrained worker.. LET ME KNOW!!!

I plan on going back to school as soon as Ty starts school. We can't afford to pay for daycare and tuition... So I have to wait.

Another big issue weighing on my mind these days is my TERRIBLE case of the 'baby fever'.....

(to be cont. )
; )

0 comments: