Friday, June 5, 2009

A Day in the Life....

Jim has been gone for what seems like forever (actually it's been 4 days). I can hardly sleep while he's gone. I have terrible dreams. I don't nessicarily dream that something happens to him, but it's always something bad nonetheless. Last time he was gone, I dreamt that some woman came to our house and told us that her 3 kids were his.... I have no idea why... Jim is not promiscuos (sp?) and never has been. Then, last night i dreamt that we were living in a house that was inhabited with an evil spirit. It was kinda like that movie "The Grudge". I guess that's why I'm up writing this at 11:00 p.m.

Today, Ty and I made a trip to Walmart. He WAS SOOO GOOD!! I'm so proud of my little man. He's getting to be such a good boy! Anyway, we picked up a few essentials like baby food and what not... But also we bought Jim's Father's Day gift.

This may sound dumb to anyone who doesn't have a husband who works in the oil field, but just try to see where I'm coming from.... From what I hear, those rigs can be pretty nasty... Jim always brings his pillow from home when he goes out there. So, at least he knows that is clean and that he has a good one. So, we bought him a big fluffy Simmons pillow and a really nice pillowcase (450 thread count I think??) I also took it to the embroidery place in town and am having them put his name on the end of it. In case he looses it or something... Like I said, that may sound stupid, but we dont have the money for me to buy him an extravagant gift. And he likes thoughtful things too. I think he will like this...

I also made my second fondant cake today. It is for Charity's (my neice) birthday which was about 2 weeks ago... LOL. I think I'm getting better at it. Maybe one day I will be good enough to open up my own little cake business! That would be so awesome! I'm just gonna keep practicing. I'll be baking cakes for any little occasion I can find, birthdays, Easter, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Presidents Day. LOL!!!






0 comments: