Thursday, June 25, 2009

Proud Owner of a John Deere Boat!

Day 2 of Jim being gone. It's gonna be a long two weeks. For some reason Ty is so grumpy while Jim is gone. I don't blame him, I guess I am too. Jim called us at lunch, and Ty got to 'talk' to him. As soon as he heard his daddy's voice, he started smiling ear to ear. It was so sweet and very sad at the same time. Maybe he won't have to work out there very long. If I find a decent job soon, maybe he can switch it around so that he doesn't have to go offshore. It just breaks my heart that Jim is missing so much of Ty's 'babyhood'.

I found a site online today that has cookie cutters for $.59. That's awesome. I was going to buy them out of my Country Kitchen Sweetart catalouge for WAY more than that. I am going to buy about $20 worth tomorrow. I plan on picking up little things along the way so that maybe one day (if I am ever good enough) I might have everything I need to open a shop. I am so determined. I want to do this so bad. I just need a little instruction. I plan on ordering some instructional DVDs soon also. I have heard RAVE reviews about them. I may never have a 'formal' education, but I believe that I can teach myself. I WILL make something of myself!! I really wish I could get a job at a local bakery. That would be so wonderful. It would be that little bit of instruction I needed. Plus, it would be a paying job.

I did a little research and here in Louisiana it is illegal to have a home bakery. I don't fall into that category though because I have yet to sell my cakes! But, that means that is I ever DID want to start my own business, I would have to buy/rent a building. That would be a lot of overhead. There are a lot of states who allow home bakeries. All you have to do is have your kitchen inspected. But, of course Louisiana can't ever make anything easy.

OH! Jim's boat registration came in today! YAY!!! We are now the proud owners of a John Deere boat! WOOP! He has actually owned this boat for over 4 years, but had yet to have the registration changed. I guess it didn't really matter because it wasn't finished and he didn't have a desire to put it in the water until it was done. Actually, I think he's a little scared to put it in the water now because of all the hard work he has done to it. He made a comment that every time he put it in the water, he would be touching it up. LOL!





0 comments: