Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Someday

Jim is coming home today. He will be here in a few hours, but the sad part is he will be leaving to go back to the rig Monday. I can't wait to have him here! I'm so excited! I have been missing him so bad.

I went to pick up Jim's Father's Day gift earlier and while I was out, I stopped by the local bakery just to look. I told the girl that I was interested in a birthday cake for Ty, but in all honesty I just wanted to be nosey. Not really nosey, I did it more for research. As soon as I walked in the door, the heavenly smell of buttery cake batter almost knocked me over. I got the girl to give me a sample price sheet and list of cake and filling flavors in case I might actually get good enough to start making cakes for money. I swear, I am going to keep practicing until I do.... It might take me years, but I WILL do it.

And actually I wasn't all that impressed with their cakes. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty. They are way above my present skill level. But some of the buttercream cakes weren't smooth and some of the fondant ones had tears (more like wrinkles). I'm just saying, if I had a shop... and had paying customers... I would take my time and make sure EVERY cake was as perfect as I could make it. And I will. Someday.

0 comments: