Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

We are back at home today. We got back last night from Tensas. We went to the funeral and all of that.... It seemed like such a long week. Ty was pretty good. He only melted down a few times. The ride up there was not fun at all! He cried for about an hour and a half. I guess he is growing out of liking his car seat. I figured he would sleep the whole way like he has in the past, but no...

This morning when I went to get him out of his crib, he was standing up. He had been pulling up on things, but I guess it just really hit me this morning. He looked like such a big boy! He turned 8 months while we were gone. I just can't believe that my little bitty baby is growing up.

Poor Jim hasn't had any down time. He left at 4 this morning to go offshore. He has been working so hard for us. But, the up side of him leaving today is that it is a holiday and he will get holiday pay. It's jsut really hard having him gone. He is missing Ty grow up. That breaks my heart.

I had a glimpse back at the life I used to have while we were gone.... Jim and I went to Ricky Brown's bar. It was fun. Brandon, Daina, and David went with us. And my best friend Wesley and Jim's friend Josh came too.. I had way too much to drink, but I had fun. Brandon said that when we left, I asked him to hold me up until we got to the truck. LOL! Oh, and Jim (my sweet, non-fighting hubby) wanted to fight.. It was so funny. David had some kind of beef with a guy that was in the bar. So, he went to confront him. It was crazy! His chest puffed out and he got about 3 inches from the guy's face. And Jim proceeded to take off his hat and hand it to me... Then he walked over and sat down right next to where David and the guy were... Nothing happend, but when it was all over, Jim said that he wanted that guy to knock him off of the chair so he could get a lick in! LOL. Jim is not a fighter.. He's a sweet guy.. I guess that's why it was so funny to me.

It was just fun to have a night to remind me that I'm still young. I never get to do anything anymore. But I guess that's what happens when you have a baby! I wouldn't trade him for the world though.

Anyway, happy Memorial Day to all. And don't forget to remember all of the fallen men and women who fought for our freedom. Mickey Rooney on 60 Minutes said that we should find a way to not have wars anymore. He said the day when we aren't loosing men and women in war will really be a Memorial Day to celebrate. ; )

0 comments: