Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The sad part of life.

Today has not been a good one. Ty has been fussy all day. I'm really not sure what's wrong. He's not teething, not gassy. I just don't know. The cat did bite him this morning. It wasn't that bad.. He didn't bleed or anything, but she growled at him and bit him for no reason. So, I put her outside.

Then, Jim called sounding really upset. He said that one of his friends was in an accident. He was working in on Lake Bruin with our brother in law when a sea wall fell on on him and trapped him under the dirt. They were trying to get him out. That was all he knew at the time. He asked me to pray for him. So, I did.... I sat here waiting for him to call. I was really worried. I didn't know him, but he's best friends with my brother in law (Brandon) and good friends with Jim. Then Jim text me and said he died. I called Daina (sister in law) to see how she and Brandon were. She said that she was about to get on a plane to go be with Brandon and that he's not doing well. I feel so bad for them and the family of this guy. We will be going there to be with them and go to the funeral.

It's so sad to think about this. He was a young guy. In his 30s. So much of this has been happening lately. All of these young people dying. It breaks my heart to hear about it, even when I don't know them! The families... sons and daughters. Mothers and Fathers. Husbands and wives. I have been so lucky that I haven't lost anyone that close to me. I don't know if I could handle it. I don't think I'm that strong. It really makes me think about these people close to me. i want all of them to know how much I love them and how much they mean to me. Beacuse in a split second they (or I) could be gone....

0 comments: